SOLUTIONS FOR OVERCOMING DENTAL FEAR IN ARNOLD, MO
PUTTING OUR PATIENTS AT EASE
We understand that going to the dentist can inspire a feeling of fear. To help our patients feel more comfortable, our dental office in Arnold, MO has invested in a new technology. Our technology can lessen and in many cases eliminate the pain from getting a shot.
That’s right: at our dental office in Arnold, MO, there is no more fearing the needle.
In a study evaluating patient pain and this technology, 94% of patients reported feeling less painful. 95% confirmed that the loss of pain changed their fears about visiting the dentist.
THE LOSS OF PAIN IS SOMETHING WE CAN ALL SMILE ABOUT!
DEntal anxiety is not uncommon
Did you know that dental anxiety is not actually an uncommon experience? Some studies suggest that as much as 75% of the American populace experiences dental fear. As much as 20% of those same people avoided dental care altogether as a result.
Do you have a fear of dental procedures?
Our dentist wants you to know that making you feel comfortable and safe is our practice’s top priority.
dental anxiety vs. dental phobia
There are many different ways that dental anxiety and dental phobia can present. Anxiety can be mild, moderate, or severe. Dental anxiety symptoms often include a general sense of worry or apprehension when thinking about an upcoming procedure.
Dental phobia is a more intense experience than dental anxiety. Patients suffering from this ailment may feel an overwhelming or irrational fear of dental offices or dental work.
Dental anxiety and phobia can prompt some people to avoid going to the dentist altogether, even in the face of pain or distress.
MERAMEC FAMILY DENTISTRY CAN HELP!
Whatever your personal level of fear and anxiety is, we are committed to making sure that fear of the dentist does not hold you back. We make dental visits fast, simple, and comfortable. There are many solutions available to ease dental anxiety in a dentist’s office. The most popular methods include:
- Adequate communication. Letting us know what gives you the most anxiety is a great starting point. We can help quell your fear by correcting inaccurate ideas or providing updated information.
We make sure you are informed before, during, and after all dental appointments. Knowledge is power, so we work hard to deliver enough knowledge.
- Calming techniques. Patients may find it helpful to practice controlled breathing or distract themselves.
- Calming music. Most procedures in our office allow the use of personal headphones and music. This can help promote ease and pass time.
- Sedation. Different sedative options can be applied for different procedures.
- Knowing you are in control. We can make you feel as numb and comfortable as possible. Nevertheless, if you feel sensitivity or pain, you need only raise your hand, and we will immediately stop. We value your health, and will never violate patients’ pain boundaries.
Oral health is vital for overall health and wellness. From oral hygiene to gum disease treatment to oral surgery, fear of the dentist can negatively impact your quality of life.
Reach out to us today to get your oral health back on track, free from fear and pain.