ARESTIN IN ARNOLD, MO
Periodontal disease describes an infection that attacks your mouth at the gum line. Over time, periodontal disease can lead to serious issues, including tooth decay and even tooth loss. Fortunately, there are treatment options for periodontal disease. One of the best treatment options currently in existence is ARESTIN®.
ARESTIN® (minocycline hydrochloride) is an antibiotic that kills the bacteria that causes the infection linked to gum disease.
- It’s placed directly in the infected areas—also called “pockets”—in your gums.
- ARESTIN® is applied right after scaling and root planing. Scaling and root planing is the dental procedure that disrupts stubborn plaque and bacteria below your gum line. Treating this area first is important because it cleans where brushing and flossing can’t reach.
ARESTIN® is a locally released antibiotic. It begins fighting infection immediately, right at the source of infection, and continues to fight bacteria long after you leave the dental office. 1,2 Its treatment duration is one of the many reasons it is considered a top tier treatment for periodontal disease.
ARESTIN® fights infection and inflammation for 30 days.2 It also provides significantly better results than scaling and root planing alone for up to 90 days. Meramec Family Dentistry offers ARESTIN® in Arnold, MO. Let’s get started on a treatment regimen for your gum disease!
- Oringer RJ, Al-Shammari KF, Aldredge WA, et al. Effect of locally administered minocycline microspheres on markers of bone resorption. J Periodontol 2002;73:835-842.
- Goodson JM, Gunsollwy JC, Grossi SG, et al. Minocycline HCl microspheres reduce red-complex bacteria in periodontal disease therapy. J Periodontol 2007;78(8):1568-1579.
- Williams RC, Paquette DW, Offenbacher S, et al. Treatment of periodontitis by local administration of minocycline microspheres: a controlled trial. J Periodontol 2001;72:1535-1544.